190th and St. Nicholas. The root of my awkward smile, my sweaty palm and unsteady step. It was in that candy store that I spent my weekly allowances on Sixlets and Nerds and used them to subscribe to the believability that if I gave someone candy, they’d give back camaraderie. Of course, it never worked. At the end of the day, they had eaten all my candy and I was left broke.
More than a decade later, the candy store is still open and nothing has changed.
12 Notes on this post
- iamhungryallthetime reblogged this from musingsofalibertine
- cocacolajunkie likes this
- thedailydoodles likes this
- straynotions likes this
- honoruru likes this
- musingsofalibertine said: I learned young that giving sweets for friendships or companionship was as empty as a seashell. And eventually, you find people who’ll refuse the offer, and love you anyway. And you love them all the more because of it.
- musingsofalibertine likes this
- fruitlissendeavor likes this
- thelilacbloom likes this
- mywrds likes this
- cordeliagablewrites likes this